Thursday, February 16, 2017

Harry Potter Moment of the Week [122]


This is a meme hosted by Uncorked Thoughts and Lunar Rainbows.The idea is to share a favorite moment, magical item, character, spell, quote, object from the books, films or J.K.Rowling herself! Click the links to the blogs to see how to join up &  upcoming topics.

Favorite Molly Weasley Moment


Molly Weasley is THE mom of the book and one of the reasons The Weasley Family is the ultimate wizarding family. I love her fierce disciplining side when the boys steal the car and then the 180 switch to 'I'm very pleased to see you, Harry, dear'. She welcomed him into her large family with open arms and realized that he needed a gentle loving hand so that's what she gave him.

I love the fact that Harry realizes that Molly does consider him family. She cares so much about all of them as evidenced by her clock and that boggart that she couldn't get rid of, but when she tells Sirius 'he's as good as', I think that really hit home for him. Though he wasn't really wanting an overprotective parent in that moment.

However, my favorite moment other than THE moment of 'Not my daughter, you Bitch!' is when she accepts Fleur. I don't think she thought anyone was good enough for her Bill so she wasn't the same with Fleur as she was with Harry, and didn't immediately welcome her into the family. She thought Fleur may have ulterior motives so when Fleur showed her true colors, I was glad to see Molly switch stances. This is my favorite Fleur moment as well:

‘You thought I would not weesh to marry him? Or per’aps, you ’oped?’ said Fleur, her nostrils flaring. ‘What do I care how ’e looks? I am good-looking enough for both of us, I theenk! All these scars show is zat my husband is brave! And I shall do zat!’ she added fiercely, pushing Mrs Weasley aside and snatching the ointment from her.
Mrs Weasley fell back against her husband and watched Fleur mopping up Bill’s wounds with a most curious expression upon her face. Nobody said anything; Harry did not dare move. Like everybody else, he was waiting for the explosion.
‘Our Great Auntie Muriel,’ said Mrs Weasley after a long pause, ‘has a very beautiful tiara – goblin-made – which I am sure I could persuade her to lend you for the wedding. She is very fond of Bill, you know, and it would look lovely with your hair.’
‘Thank you,’ said Fleur stiffly. ‘I am sure zat will be lovely.’
And then – Harry did not quite see how it happened – both women were crying and hugging each other.

Which is your favorite? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!