Saturday, June 14, 2014

Sidekick Showcase [80] - The Living Vampire


Sidekick Showcase, previously known as Sidekick Saturday, is a weekly bookish meme, hosted here by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! I will post my Sidekicks on Saturday, then whichever day during the week that you would like to post yours, you can put your link in on my page. Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in the week's topic
• Share a picture (if you can) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• The day of your post, put your link in below and grab the code for your post so you can see the others that post their's throughout the week as well

I have a few topic ideas for June (Thanks Robyn!):
The month of June is LGBT Pride Month so we can celebrate those characters that we love. Also we have Father's day so we can celebrate dads or characters we think would make good fathers. There are a lot of summer trips taken in June as well so we can pay tribute to those characters we would hate to travel with or just characters that remind us of summer trips for one reason or another.

My choice is Ivy Tamwood
The Hollows by Kim Harrison

Ivy Tamwood picture created by Jaclyn Canada

Ivy is a living vampire that helps Rachel get out of the I.S. and is one of her partners in the Vampiric Charms Runner Agency. As a living vampire, she still has her regular old canines and soul, but she does drink blood and she does have some vampire powers/strengths. This girl oozes sultriness. Guy or girl, she's not biased, but she does fall hard when she falls in love.

She is Rachel's best friend along with her other partner Jenks. Covered in a shell of leather and an aura of strength, her inner being is very sensitive and easily damaged. She fights hard against her vampire urges, and in all honesty needs Rachel to keep her sane. She gives Rachel someone to help and fight for along with getting her out of sticky situations so they make a good pair.

Quotes:


Ivy turned. "He bit you on the neck?" she said, deadpan serious but for her eyes. "Oh, then it's got to be love. She won't let me bite her neck.”




Quen's gaze went to Ivy and Jenks.
Peeved, I crossed my legs and shook my head. "We're a team. I'm not asking them to leave so you can tell me of whatever piss-poor problem you've landed yourself in."
[His] brow wrinkled. He took an angry breath.
"Look," I said, my finger jabbing out to point at him. "I don't like you. Jenks doesn't like you. And Ivy wants to eat you. Start talking.”




“Ivy could have been a model. Hell, Ivy could be anything she wanted. Except happy. Ivy had issues.”  



Jenks snickered. “Yeah, Rache. Why bother? I mean, this could be good. Ivy could invite her mom over for a housewarming. We’ve been here a year, and the woman is dying to come over. Well, at least she would be if she were still alive.”

Worried, I looked up from the phone book.

Alarm sifted over Ivy. For a moment it was so quiet I could hear the clock above the sink, and then Ivy jerked, her speed edging into that eerie vamp quickness she took pains to hide.

“Give me the phone,” she said, snatching it.



“Ivy would die for you, Rachel. Kisten won’t. Put your emotions where they will keep you alive.”


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!