Friday, January 10, 2014

Sidekick Showcase [58] - She's So Vain


Sidekick Showcase, previously known as Sidekick Saturday, is a weekly bookish meme, hosted here by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! I will post my Sidekicks on Saturday, then whichever day during the week that you would like to post yours, you can put your link in on my page. Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in the week's topic
• Share a picture (if you can) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• The day of your post, put your link in below and grab the code for your post so you can see the others that post their's throughout the week as well

For the month of January, we should choose characters that we love, but have that one thing that they should definitely set a New Years Resolution for...that one flaw that they need to work on that maybe is even resolved in the series as the character grows. Sidekicks in need of Resolutions...

If you haven't stopped by my Blogaversary Giveaway, Please Do!


My choice is Aphrodite LaFont
House of Night Series by P.C. Cast & Kristen Cast

Aphrodite LaFont picture created by Jaclyn Canada
Aphrodite is so vain that she chose that as her name. Yes, students at the House of Night get to select their new names for their new lives when they enter the school specially built for fledgling vampires. When readers first meet her, she's almost unbearable. A really easy character to dislike since she's egocentric, hateful, and possesses all the qualities of the Alpha Mean-Girl. I haven't read all the books in the series so I'm not up to date, but she quickly became the character that I actually like the most. How do authors do that? I'm not entirely sure. She has excellent sarcastic quips, sees visions of future disasters, and a whole lot more that would just be spoilerly. She will always know she's the most beautiful person in the room though even if the quickest way to cause a mini-meltdown is by suggesting she is having a bad hair day.

Quotes:

“Because you are the superhero fledgling. I’m just your more attractive sidekick. Oh, and the herd of nerds are your dorky minions.”



“Nerd herd, focus. You're here to help the fledglings. Dour One and Dour Two aren't important," said Aphrodite.
"Dr. Seuss reference. I like it," Stark said, giving me a check-me-out-I've-always-read-books hottie grin.
Aphrodite frowned at him.
"I said focus, not flirt.”



"Aphrodite! I just said you look fine."
"Yeah, well, fine is fine for most people. For me it's terrible.”



“People suck. They do stupid things and they're not nice. The end.”



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I read this series.. and I think I stopped at book 7??? Anyways... I too ended up loving Aphrodite! I wish that series would end someday.. I'd like to wikipedia what ends up happening to all the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quotes and the drawing! This was a series I quit and I can't remember much of it, but I really liked the world P.C. Cast created with the tats on the forehead and the freaky school. Great pick! Um, I sort of didn't follow instructions this Sidekick, at least the love the character part. My bad. I love to hate him, does that count? I hope you have a great weekend, Jaclyn!1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vain characters are the worst. Hmm, I wonder who I would have chosen. It's kinda hard thinking of someone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah! Aphrodite is an outstanding choice, Jaclyn! I actually love her - and her her vanity. Man, she is a vain one, isn't she?!? She's kinda one of those characters you really love to hate and hate to love, huh?


    I hope your weekend is off to a great start!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I stopped around book 7 too! It should be ending pretty soon. I believe the last one comes out this year. Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think a lot of people aren't all caught up on this one. I thought the premise of it was pretty neat. Love to hate works too LOL. I hope your weekend is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea who I'll go with next week. I better start thinking about it now :D Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You completely get me :D I'm glad you've seen what I did there. I hope your weekend is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's totally neat! Next week I'm playing by the rules!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL Aphrodite is an excellent choice, Jaclyn. She really needs to tone things down! In the first few books I would roll my eyes whenever she showed up :)

    I hope you're having an awesome weekend. Happy reading, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read the first little bit of this series, but couldn't love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me too! Thankfully she did settle that down, but she'll always think she's the best looking person in the room LOL Happy reading to you!! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I completely understand. I haven't read past book 7 yet, but I would like to know how things have ended. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, I haven't read the books in that series for a while, even if I do have at least a couple on my kindle.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!